Rhynchospora cephalantha A. Gray
- Botanical Name
- Rhynchospora cephalantha A. Gray
- Common Name
- Bunched Beaksedge
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Rhynchospora cephalantha A. Gray var. attenuata Gale + R. cephalantha A. Gray var. cephalantha
- This is a composite map for the species and its two varieties, var. attenuata Gale and var. cephalantha (incl. var. pleiocephala Fern. & Gale). Not all herbarium specimens have been identified to variety; therefore the varietal maps are incomplete. Although reduced to synonymy by FNA, these vars. are easily distinguished in the field by their divergent morphologies and habitat preferences.
- Sphagnous seepage bogs and powerline clearings (var. attenuata); seasonally flooded ponds, depressions, and flatwoods (var. cephalantha). As a whole, the species is infrequent to rare in the Coastal Plain, but most frequently encountered in se. Virginia, south of the James River.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".