Amelanchier nantucketensis Bickn.
- Botanical Name
- Amelanchier nantucketensis Bickn.
- Common Name
- Nantucket Servicberry
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Amelanchier nantucketensis Bick.
- Recently discovered in Fairfax Co.; locally frequent on exposed bedrock terrace along Potomac River at and below Great Falls. This species ranges from Nova Scotia and Maine interruptedly south to Maryland and Virginia; the Potomac Gorge populations are significantly disjunct at the southern end of the range.
- Exposed, xeric, riverside outcrops and cliffs. Rare, n. Piedmont; known only from along the Potomac River in the vicinity of Great Falls and Mather Gorge, Fairfax County (and across the river in Montgomery County, MD).
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".