Silphium compositum Michx. var. reniforme (Raf. ex Nutt.) Torr. & Gray
- Botanical Name
- Silphium compositum Michx. var. reniforme (Raf. ex Nutt.) Torr. & Gray
- Common Name
- Kidney-leaf Rosin Weed
- Silphium reniforme Raf. ex Nutt.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Silphium compositum Michx. var reniforme (Raf. ex Nutt.) Torr. & Gray
- The distribution of Silphium compositum var. reniforme in Virginia is incompletely known, and the map presented here is very incomplete; see species map and comments under S. compositum, sensu lato.
- Dry open forests, woodlands, shale barrens, clearings, and road banks. This var. appears to be concentrated in the west-central Ridge and Valley region, with scattered localities in the s. Piedmont and adjacent inner Coastal Plain. It is locally frequent in dry shale landscapes of Alleghany and Bath Counties.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".