Lechea maritima Leggett ex B.S.P. var. virginica Hogdon
- Botanical Name
- Lechea maritima Leggett ex B.S.P. var. virginica Hogdon
- Common Name
- Virginia Beach Pinweed
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Lechea maritima Leggett ex B.S.P. var virginica Hodgon
- Our plants have been called var. virginica Hodgdon, the range of which merges with typical maritima in e. Maryland. Characters separating them need further study. Some Accomack Co. specimens appear to be intermediate between the vars.
- Xeric dune woodlands and dune scrub; less characteristically in foredune grasslands and open maritime forests. Frequent along the Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay coasts in the outer Coastal Plain; absent elsewhere.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".