Paronychia montana (Small) Pax & K. Hoffmann
- Botanical Name
- Paronychia montana (Small) Pax & K. Hoffmann
- Common Name
- Mountain Nailwort
- Paronychia fastigiata (Raf.) Fern. var. pumila (A. Wood) Fern.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Paronychia montana (Small) Pax and K. Hoffmann
- This species is treated as P. fastigiata var. pumila (Wood) Fern. in FNA; however, it is consistently recognizable throughout the shale barren region of the Central Appalachians (extending southward irregularly to Alabama and Georgia).
- Dry rocky woodlands, barrens, and outcrops; especially characteristic of shale barrens but occurring on other substrates including sandstone, siltstone, phyllite, metasiltstone, metabasalt, granite, and biotite gneiss. Infrequent but locally common in the mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".