Erysimum capitatum (Douglas ex. Hooker) E. L. Greene var. capitatum
- Botanical Name
- Erysimum capitatum (Douglas ex. Hooker) E. L. Greene var. capitatum
- Common Name
- Western Wallflower
- Erysimum capitatum (Douglas) Greene
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Erysimum capitatum (Dougl. ex Hook.) Greene var capitatum
- Erysimum capitatum occurs as a long-range disjunct on a few of the mid-Appalachian shale barrens of Virginia and West Virginia. Ssp. capitatum is primarily western but also occurs on rocky river bluffs in east central Tennessee where it is also native. A few non-native occurrences are also known in the East. A specimen of our plant was sent to the current student of this group, Robert Price, who confirmed the subspecies designation.
- Shale barrens and woodlands, especially (but not exclusively) on the more calcareous shales. Rare, mountains; known only from Bath and Alleghany counties (central Ridge and Valley province).
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".