Lechea pulchella var. ramosissima (Hodgdon) Sorrie & Weakley
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Lechea pulchella var. ramosissima (Hodgdon) Sorrie & Weakley
- Common Name
- Leggett's Pinweed
- Lechea leggettii Britton & Hollick var. ramosissima Hodgdon
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Lechea pulchella Raf. var ramosissima (Hodgdon) Sorrie & Weakley
- See: Sorrie, B.A. & A.S. Weakley. 2007. Recognition of Lechea pulchella var ramosissima (Cistaceae), J. Bot. Res. Inst. Texas 1(1):269-371.
Map very incomplete at this time. As can be seen from the map of Lechea pulchella, sensu lato, many additional specimens previously determined only as L. pulchella have not been examined and require annotation to assign them to varieties.
- Dry flatwoods, sandy woodlands, and open maritime forests; also sometimes in damp peaty soils. This variety of Lechea pulchella is at the northern edge of its range in Virginia, where it is definitely known from six Coastal Plain counties, north to Caroline and Accomack. The relative distributions of this variety and of var. pulchella in the n. Coastal Plain and Piedmont have yet to be determined.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".