Crataegus pruinosa (Wendl. f.) K. Koch var. dissona (Sarg.) Eggelstone
- Botanical Name
- Crataegus pruinosa (Wendl. f.) K. Koch var. dissona (Sarg.) Eggelstone
- Common Name
- Large-leaved Frosted Hawthorn
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Crataegus pruinosa (Wendl. f.) K. Koch var. dissona (Sargent) Eggelston in House
- Var. dissona is most readily distinguished within the C. pruinosa complex by having only 10 stamens. It's leaves are dull green or yellow-green, often nearly as wide as long, and mostly shallowly lobed.
- Old fields, clearings, roadbanks, and dry, often rocky, forests; habitat differences, if any, between varieties of Crataegus pruinosa are obscure. Infrequently occurring with the typical variety in the mountains and Piedmont.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".