Aegilops neglecta Req. ex Bertoloni
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Aegilops neglecta Req. ex Bertoloni
- Common Name
- Small Goat Grass, Three-awned Goat Grass
- Aegilops ovata L., misapplied; Aegilops geniculata Roth, misapplied
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- in Taxa Not Treated: Unverified Taxa
- Originally reported as a "weed in fields, California and Virginia" by Hitchcock & Chase in their 1951 Manual of the Grasses of the United States. There are several collections of this taxon from Arlington County at the US National Herbarium that pre-date that manual and presumably provided the basis for this species' inclusion. Current status in VA is unknown, but this Eurasian grass is still very restricted in North America, being known from CA, OR, NY, and VA.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".