Arnoglossum reniforme (Hooker) H. Robinson
- Botanical Name
- Arnoglossum reniforme (Hooker) H. Robinson
- Common Name
- Great Indian-plantain
- Cacalia muhlenbergii (Sch.-Bip.) Fernald
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Arnoglossum reniforme (Hooker) H.E. Robinson
- FNA points out that Arnoglossum muehlenbergii (long known as Cacalia muehlebergii) is a superfluous name. Apparently, the older epithet reniformis was preoccupied under Cacalia, but is available under Arnoglossum.
- Floodplain forests, stream banks and riverbanks, and rocky flood-scoured bars at lower elevations; cove forests, rich oak-hickory forests, northern hardwood forests, and clearings at middle to high elevations. Widely scattered but rare in the mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".