Honckenya peploides (L.) Ehrh. ssp. robusta (Fern.) Hulten
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Honckenya peploides (L.) Ehrh. ssp. robusta (Fern.) Hulten
- Common Name
- Sea-beach Sandwort, Sea Sandwort
- Honckenya peploides (L.) Ehrh.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Honckenya peploides (L.) Ehrh. ssp robusta (Fern.) Hulten
- Known only historically in Virginia, 2 records: Accomack, Assateague Island, S end, two stations, 10/6/1966, reported by Higgins (1971; as Arenaria peploides) and again cited by Hill (1986); Virginia Beach, Cape Henry, T.H. Kearney, Jr., 10/05/1898.
- Sea beaches and overwash flats. Rare, maritime zone of the outer Coastal Plain; known only from two historical collections, one from Cape Henry in Virginia Beach city and one from Assateague Island in Accomack County. Higgins (1971) reports this species from the Dunegrass Community on Assateague, but more widely, the species also occurs on beachs and sandflats above high tide.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".