Dichanthelium microcarpon (Muhl. ex Elliott) Mohlenbrock
- Botanical Name
- Dichanthelium microcarpon (Muhl. ex Elliott) Mohlenbrock
- Common Name
- Branched Panic Grass
- Dichanthelium dichotomum (L.) Gould var. ramulosum (Torr.) LeBlond; Panicum microcarpon Muhl. ex Ell.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Dichanthelium dichotomum (L.) Goudl var. ramulosum (Torr.) LeBlond
- Map incomplete at this time. Often treated as D. dichotomum var. ramulosum. The seemingly minor characters that distinguish this species are maintained consistently over its large geographical range, which argues for its recognition as a full species.
- Floodplain forests, swamps (all types), wet flatwoods, depression ponds, low clearings, and other moist to wet habitats. Frequent to common statewide.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".