Eragrostis pectinacea (Michx.) Nees var. pectinacea
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Eragrostis pectinacea (Michx.) Nees var. pectinacea
- Common Name
- Tufted Lovegrass, Carolina Lovegrass, Western Lovegrass
- Eragrostis purshii Schrad.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Eragrostis pectinacea (Michx.) Nees ex Steud. var. pectinacea
- Herbarium work is needed to fully map the distribution of this species. A weedy species, undoubtedly widespread. Now generally distinguished from E. pilosa by it more prominent lateral nerves on the lemmas and persistent paleas after seed dispersal. The lemma coloration is mostly grayish in this species whereas it tends to be reddish in E. pilosa.
- Open, disturbed habitats such as roadsides, railroads, river bars and cultivated fields and gardens. This species has not generally been distinguished from Eragrostis pilosa in Virginia studies, and its distribution and status are obscure.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".