Aristida longespica Poir.
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Aristida longespica Poir.
- Common Name
- Eastern Slim-spike, Long-awned Slim-spike, Three-awn Grass
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Aristida longespica Poir. var. geniculata (Raf.) Fern. + A. longespica Poir. var. longespica
- Map includes all records for the species and its two varieties, var. longespica and var. geniculata (Raf.) Fernald, the former evidently the more common of the two in Virginia. Varietal maps are not yet available since most Virginia herbarium specimens have not been identified to subspecific level.
- Clearings, fields, roadsides, and other dry, disturbed sites; occasionally in more natural woodlands and on rock outcrops. The species is variably
infrequent to frequent in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain and rare in the mountains; var. longespica is the more widespread and numerous of the two varieties in our area; the status of var. geniculata is poorly known.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".