Bidens comosa (Gray) Wiegand
- Botanical Name
- Bidens comosa (Gray) Wiegand
- Common Name
- Three-lobe Beggar-ticks
- Bidens tripartita L., in part
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Bidens comosa (A. Gray) Wiegand
- Map contains records of both Bidens comosa and Bidens connata, which were lumped in Atlas III under a broad concept of Bidens tripartita L. Most herbarium specimens are labeled as the latter, and extensive studies will be required to map these taxa separately.
- Floodplain forests, seasonally exposed river shores and bars, natural pond and impoundment shores, low roadsides, ditches, and other seasonally moist to wet, disturbed habitats. Most Virginia floristic studies have included this species and Bidens connata in the broader B. tripartita. Both species appear to be widely distributed in the state, occupying slightly different (but overlapping) sets of habitats. However, the full range of habitats and the relative abundance of each in the different provinces is unclear.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".