Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp. parlinii
- Botanical Name
- Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp. parlinii
- Common Name
- Parlin's Pussytoes
- Antennaria plantaginifolia (L.) Richards. var. parlinii (Fernald) Cronquist
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp parlinii
- This variety, which was subsumed within A. plantaginifolia in Atlas III, is only partially mapped at this time, pending varietal determination of additional herbarium specimens. However, it is fairly common in Virginia, at least in the Piedmont and lower mountains.
- Dry forests, woodlands, clearings, meadows, and road banks. Because this taxon has been subsumed into Antennaria plantaginifolia in most Virginia studies, its distribution and status are incompletely known and herbarium studies are needed. Confirmed records indicate a wide distribution across the state; field studies indicate that ssp. parlinii is frequent, at least in the Piedmont and lower mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".