Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp. fallax (Greene) Bayer & Stebbins
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp. fallax (Greene) Bayer & Stebbins
- Common Name
- Big-head Pussytoes
- Antennaria plantaginifolia (L.) Richards. var. ambigens (Greene) Cronquist
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Antennaria parlinii Fern. ssp fallax (Greene) Bayer and Stebbins
- This variety, which was subsumed within A. plantaginifolia in Atlas III, is only partially mapped at this time, pending varietal determination of additional herbarium specimens. Widespread but somewhat less frequent than var. parlinii.
- Dry forests, woodlands, clearings, meadows, and road banks. Because this taxon has been subsumed into Antennaria plantaginifolia in most Virginia studies, its distribution and status are incompletely known, and herbarium studies are needed. Confirmed records indicate a wide distribution across the state; ssp. fallax appears to be somewhat less frequent than ssp. parlinii.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".