Antennaria howellii Greene ssp. petaloidea (Greene) Bayer
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Antennaria howellii Greene ssp. petaloidea (Greene) Bayer
- Common Name
- Small Pussytoes
- Antennaria neglecta Greene var. petaloidea (Fern.) Cronq.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Antennaria howellii Greene ssp petaloidea (Fern.) Bayer
- Incompletely mapped at the present time pending examination of herbarium specimens mapped in Atlas III as A. neglecta.
- Dry forests, woodlands, rock outcrops, and clearings. Due to widespread lumping of members of the Antennaria howellii complex and A. neglecta in Virginia floristic studies, the status of this subspecies is obscure. The only specimens confirmed are from scattered counties in the mountains and Piedmont of n., s., and sw. Virginia. Extensive herbarium work is needed to sort out the distribution and status of individual taxa.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".