Gonolobus suberosus (L.) R. Br. var. suberosus
- Botanical Name
- Gonolobus suberosus (L.) R. Br. var. suberosus
- Common Name
- Eastern Anglepod, Angular-fruit Milkvine
- Matelea gonocarpa (Walt.) Shinners
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Gonolobus suberosus (L.) R. Brown var suberosus
- See Sida 21:103-116 (2004) for taxonomic concept and nomenclature. Both green- and multi-colored flowers occur in Virginia and have been called G. gonocarpus and suberosus, respectively. Overlap in petal and sepal lengths as well as pubescence suggests a single variable species (See Krings (2004), cited above).
- Floodplain forests and riverbanks; occasionally in low, mesic upland forests. Frequent in the s. Coastal Plain and s. Piedmont; rare in both provinces north of the James River.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".