Erigeron philadelphicus L. var. philadelphicus
- Botanical Name
- Erigeron philadelphicus L. var. philadelphicus
- Common Name
- Philadelphia Fleabane
- Erigeron philadelphicus L.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Erigeron philadelphicus L. var philadelphicus
- A little known fact about this species which aids in distinguishing it from Erigeron annuus is that its stem is hollow and crushed relatively easily between the thumb and forefinger. Erigeron annuus has a much smaller central cavity allowing it to withstand the same test.
- Fields, meadows, roadsides, clearings, and disturbed alluvial soil; usually in moist to damp habitats. Common in the mountains; infrequent in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".