Rudbeckia laciniata L. var. laciniata
- Botanical Name
- Rudbeckia laciniata L. var. laciniata
- Common Name
- Cut-leaf Coneflower, Common Cut-leaf Coneflower, Green-headed Coneflower
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Rudbeckia laciniata L. var laciniata
- The map may contain some records for var. humilis Gray in sw. VA and var. digitata (P. Mill.) Fiori in se. VA, but is probably representative of the distribution of var. laciniata. Although most VA herbarium specimens have not been identified to variety, var. laciniata is apparently by far the most common and widespread of this species' infraspecific taxa in the state.
- Floodplain forests, alluvial swamps, seepage swamps, tidal swamps, riverbanks and bars, wet meadows, clearings, and roadsides; also in rich, mesic upland forests, especially in the mountains. Most Virginia specimens of Rudbeckia laciniata have not yet been determined to variety. However, var. laciniata is unquestionably the most widespread variety in Virginia, occurring frequently throughout most of the state.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".