Silphium asteriscus L. var. trifoliatum (L.) Clevinger
Warning: exif_read_data(): Unable to open file in /home1/vbassoc/public_html/content/plant/view.inc.php on line 30
- Botanical Name
- Silphium asteriscus L. var. trifoliatum (L.) Clevinger
- Common Name
- Whorled Rosin Weed
- Silphium trifoliatum L. var. trifoliatum
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Silphium asteriscus L.
- Formerly treated as a variety of S. trifoliatum; new combinations are made in Novon 14:275-277 (2004). Map incomplete; many Virginia specimens have not been determined to variety.
- Dry-mesic to dry (occasionally mesic) open forests, woodlands, barrens, riverside prairies, clearings, old fields, meadows, and road banks; it is especially common in base-rich soils. Frequent in the mountains and Piedmont, infrequent in the Coastal Plain. This is by far the most common var. of S. asteriscus in Virginia.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".