Smallanthus uvedalia (L.) Mackenzie ex Small
- Botanical Name
- Smallanthus uvedalia (L.) Mackenzie ex Small
- Common Name
- Hairy Leafcup, Yellow-flowered Leafcup, Bear's-foot
- Polymnia uvedalia (L.) L.; Smallanthus uvedalius (L.) Mackenz. ex Small
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Smallanthus uvedalius (L.) Mackenzie ex Small
- The Flora of Virginia uses the specific name "uvedalius," which is also accepted by Kartesz (2011) and USDA Plants. However, Code of Nomenclature rules governing the use of epithets as nouns in apposition (rather than as adjectives) dictate that Smallanthus uvedalia (basionym: Osteospermum uvedalia L.) is correct (A.S. Weakley, pers. comm.). This is accepted by FNA, Tropicos, IPNI, and ITIS.
- Floodplain forests, mesic upland forests, dry calcareous forests and woodlands, moist clearings, and old fields; usually in base-rich soils. Frequent throughout.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".