Solidago arguta Ait. var. arguta
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Solidago arguta Ait. var. arguta
- Common Name
- Sharp-leaved Goldenrod; Cut-leaved Goldenrod
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Solidago arguta Aiton var. arguta
- Map is incomplete at this time, pending the additional herbarium work needed to map the vars. of this species. See maps of Solidago arguta sensu lato and S. arguta var. caroliniana. Only specimens with entirely glabrous achenes are mapped as var. arguta; see also Comment under var. caroliniana.
- Mesic to dry upland forests, woodlands, barrens, clearings, and meadows. The species is common in the mountains and infrequent in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain; var. arguta appears to be distributed primarily, if not entirely, in the mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".