Solidago rigida L. var. rigida
- Botanical Name
- Solidago rigida L. var. rigida
- Common Name
- Stiff Goldenrod
- Solidago rigida L. ssp. rigida; Oligoneuron rigidum (L.) Small var. rigidum
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Solidago rigidaL. var. rigida
- Sometimes treated as an Oligoneuron rigidum (L.) Small var. rigidum. The primary range of this taxon is Midwestern, with scattered disjunctions throughout much of the Appalachians and Atlantic Piedmont regions.
- Dry, rocky woodlands, barrens, and outcrops; also in clearings and old fields in areas that once supported vegetation with prairie affinities; strictly on calcareous or mafic substrates, including limestone, dolomite, metabasalt, amphibolite, diabase, and calcareous shales. Rare in the mountains and Piedmont.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".