Solidago ulmifolia Muhl. ex Willd. var. ulmifolia
- Botanical Name
- Solidago ulmifolia Muhl. ex Willd. var. ulmifolia
- Common Name
- Elm-leaf Goldenrod
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Solidago ulmifolia Muhl. ex Willd.
- Var. palmeri Cronquist is a spreading-hirsute variant endemic to the Ozarks and a few adjacent areas of the sc. US.
- Dry-mesic to dry, often rocky forests, woodlands, barrens, clearings, well-drained alluvial forests, and riverside prairies. Common in the mountains; frequent in the inner and n. Piedmont; rare in the s. Piedmont and inner Coastal Plain. This species occupies a wide range of soil types and chemistries in the mountains but becomes increasingly restricted to mafic and calcareous substrates eastward.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".