Lechea pulchella Raf.
- Botanical Name
- Lechea pulchella Raf.
- Common Name
- Leggett's Pinweed
- Lechea leggettii Britton & Hollick
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Lechea pulchella Raf. var. pulchella + L. pulchella Raf. var. ramosissima (Hodgdon) Sorrie & Weakley
- See comment under Lechea pulchella var. ramosissima. The map shown here is reproduced from Atlas III with a few recent additions. Many records are in need of reassessment in light of the circumscription of varieties by Sorrie and Weakley (2007, J. Bot. Res. Inst. Texas 1(1):269-371).
- The species occurs in dry forests, woodlands, clearings, fields, roadsides,
open maritime forests, and occasionally in damp peaty soils. It is frequent in the n. Coastal Plain and n. Piedmont and infrequent elsewhere. The status of the two vars. has not been determined, but var. pulchella is likely concentrated in the Piedmont, mountains, and n. Coastal Plain, while var. ramosissima is likely concentrated in the s. and c. Coastal Plain. Additional field and herbarium studies are needed.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".