Lobelia spicata Lam. var. scaposa McVaugh
- Botanical Name
- Lobelia spicata Lam. var. scaposa McVaugh
- Common Name
- Pale-spike Lobelia
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Lobelia spicata Lam. var scaposa McVaugh
- Map is very incomplete pending the extensive herbarium work needed to map the three vars. fully. See full species map for Lobelia spicata. Var. scaposa is distinctive in its basally disposed leaves and very pale flowers. It is probably the most common and widespread of the three vars. in VA.
- Dry-mesic to dry forests, woodlands, clearings, and old fields. Frequent and widespread in the Piedmont and at low elevations in the nw. and wc. mountains; rare in the Coastal Plain.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".