Opuntia humifusa (Raf.) Raf. var. humifusa
- Botanical Name
- Opuntia humifusa (Raf.) Raf. var. humifusa
- Common Name
- Eastern Prickly-pear
- Opuntia humifusa (Raf.) Raf.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Opuntia humifusa (Raf.) Raf. var humifusa
- Dry sandy or rocky habitats, including xeric pastures and road banks, open maritime forests and dunes, sandhill woodlands, granite flatrocks, and exposed outcrops of mafic igneous and metamorphic rocks such as diabase, metabasalt, and actinolite schist; occasionally on shale barrens or in rocky limestone woodlands. Infrequent throughout; locally common in some areas.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".