Aruncus dioicus (Walt.) Fernald
- Botanical Name
- Aruncus dioicus (Walt.) Fernald
- Common Name
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Aruncus dioicus (Walt.) Fern.
- In addition to the widespread typical variety, var. pubescens (Rydb.) Fern. with relatively longer follicles and leaves routinely pubescent below, is sometimes recognized, though it is said to intergrade completely.
- Mesic to dry-mesic, usually rich upland forests, clearings, and shaded road banks. Frequent in the mountains and Piedmont; rare in the Coastal Plain.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".