Castanea pumila (Linnaeus) P. Miller
- Botanical Name
- Castanea pumila (Linnaeus) P. Miller
- Common Name
- Allegheny Chinkapin
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Castanea pumila (L.) P. Mill.
- Apparently not as seriously affected by the chestnut blight fungus as its congener, Castanea dentata.
- Dry forests, woodlands, and old fields; usually in acidic, nutrient-poor
soils. Frequent throughout.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".