Comandra umbellata (L.) Nuttall var. umbellata
- Botanical Name
- Comandra umbellata (L.) Nuttall var. umbellata
- Common Name
- Eastern Bastard Toadflax
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Comandra umbellata (L.) Nutt. var. umbellata
- The Santalaceae of Virginia by L.J. Musselman is published in Castanea 47:276-283 (1982).
- Dry forests, woodlands, and clearings, usually in acidic soils; most abundant in oak/heath forests. Frequent in the Piedmont; infrequent in the Coastal Plain and mountains (but apparently absent from much of sw. Virginia); this species has an irregular, spotty distribution and is common in some areas, absent in others. At some sites, apparently hemiparasitic on Vaccinium and other ericaceous shrubs.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".