Crataegus phaenopyrum (L. f.) Medik.
- Botanical Name
- Crataegus phaenopyrum (L. f.) Medik.
- Common Name
- Washington Hawthorn
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Crataegus phaenopyrum Borkhausen
- The Washington haw occurs with some regularity in native habitats in the southeastern portion of the state. Other stations may represent plantings or local escapes from cultivation. Known cultivated occurrences are not mapped.
- Floodplain forests, alluvial swamps, riverbanks, alluvial clearings. Infrequent in the Coastal Plain and Piedmont; rare in the mountains; sometimes locally abundant, especially in swamps of far se. Virginia.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".