Galium obtusum Bigelow var. filifolium (Wieg.) Fern.
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Galium obtusum Bigelow var. filifolium (Wieg.) Fern.
- Common Name
- Bluntleaf Bedstraw, Carolina Bedstraw
- Galium obtusum Bigelow ssp. filifolium (Wieg.) Puff
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Galium obtusum Bigelow
- This variety and var. obtusum appear to intergrade fully in Virginia with many specimens difficult to assign. It may be preferable to recognize a single variable species, but further study is warranted.
- In much the same habitats as var. obtusum, especially tidal marshes, floodplain forests, and swamps (all types). Widespread but less frequent than var. obtusum in the Coastal Plain and Piedmont (may be locally common), rare in the mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".