Houstonia tenuifolia Nuttall
- Botanical Name
- Houstonia tenuifolia Nuttall
- Common Name
- Narrowleaf Bluets, Diffuse-branched Bluets
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Houstonia tenuifolia Nutt.
- Plants here distinguished as H. tenuifolia constitute one of Terrell's groups within H. longifolia. These are the morphological extremes with leaves linear or filiform and internodes 20-80 mm, etc. Many plants from the mountains are intermediate.
- Dry forests, woodlands, clearings, and disturbed habitats, especially over rocky or hard clay soils. Frequent in the sw. Virginia mountains and s. Piedmont; rare elsewhere.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".