Lespedeza hirta (L.) Hornemann
- Botanical Name
- Lespedeza hirta (L.) Hornemann
- Common Name
- Hairy Bush-clover
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Lespedeza hirta (L.) Hornem. var curtissii (Clewell) Isely + L. hirta (L.) Hornem. var. hirta
- This map may reflect records in southeastern Virginia referable to Lespedeza hirta var. curtisii; otherwise, it likely represents mostly var. hirta. Very few Virginia herbarium specimens have been identified to var., and extensive herbarium work will be needed to map them.
- Var. hirta occurs in dry forests, woodlands, clearings, and roadsides; it is frequent in the mountains and Piedmont, and infrequent in the Coastal Plain. Var. curtisii occurs in Sandy woodlands, dry to boggy clearings, and roadsides; it is infrequent in the s. Coastal Plain, south of the James River.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".