Magnolia acuminata (L.) L.
- Botanical Name
- Magnolia acuminata (L.) L.
- Common Name
- Cucumber Magnolia, Cucumber-tree
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Magnolia acuminata L.
- Virginia plants are var. acuminata if one recognizes var. subcordata of Piedmont NC southward.
- Mesic and dry-mesic montane forests, occurring in a wide variety of community types at low to high elevations; occasionally in dry forests and
rocky woodlands, especially over calcareous or ultramafic rocks. Common in the southern two-thirds of the mountains; infrequent in the nw. Virginia Ridge and Valley; rare to absent on the Northern Blue Ridge, north of Rockfish Gap; frequent in the far sw. Piedmont, especially the foothills.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".