Paulownia tomentosa (Thunb.) Steud.
- Botanical Name
- Paulownia tomentosa (Thunb.) Steud.
- Common Name
- Royal Paulownia, Princess Tree, Empress Tree
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Paulownia tomentosa (Thunb.) Sieb. & Zucc. ex Steud.
- Traditionally placed in the Scrophulariaceae.
- Fencerows, old fields, roadcuts, old quarries, clearings, burned or cut-over forests, and sandy or rocky river shores; seedlings frequently become established on tip-up mounds and other small-scale disturbances in mature forests but generally do not persist without good illumination and further disturbance. Frequent throughout, except in the sw. mountains and sw. Piedmont.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".