Prunus alleghaniensis Porter var. alleghaniensis
- Botanical Name
- Prunus alleghaniensis Porter var. alleghaniensis
- Common Name
- Allegheny Plum, Allegheny Sloe
- Prunus alleghaniensis Porter
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Prunus alleghaniensis Porter var alleghaniensis
- A hybrid swarm with Prunus americana occurs on Grassy Hill in Franklin County, where certain plants also have characters of P. umbellata, a more southern species as presently interpreted.
- Dry open forests, rocky woodlands, barrens, and clearings over dolomite, limestone, shale, and mafic rocks. Infrequent and local in the mountains; rare in the inner Piedmont.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".