Prunus serotina Ehrhart ssp. serotina
- Botanical Name
- Prunus serotina Ehrhart ssp. serotina
- Common Name
- Black Cherry, Wild Black Cherry
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Prunus serotina Ehrh. var serotina
- Seedlings, saplings, and small trees are very common in a wide range of wet to dry forests and woodlands throughout; canopy trees are most abundant (often dominant or co-dominant) in fencerows and old field successional forests, maritime dune scrub, maritime woodlands and forests, and northern hardwood forests. Common throughout.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".