Solidago arguta Ait.
- Botanical Name
- Solidago arguta Ait.
- Common Name
- Sharp-leaved Goldenrod, Cut-leaved Goldenrod
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Solidago arguta Aiton var. arguta + S. arguta Aiton var. caroliniana A. Gray
- The map represents all records for the species and its two vars., var. arguta and var. caroliniana. Most VA herbarium specimens have not been identified to variety, and extensive herbarium work is needed to map these segregates. Only partial maps of the two vars. are provided at this time.
- Mesic to dry upland forests, woodlands, barrens, clearings, and meadows. The species is common in the mountains and infrequent in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".