Valerianella umbilicata (Sull.) Wood
- Botanical Name
- Valerianella umbilicata (Sull.) Wood
- Common Name
- Northern Corn-salad
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Valerianella umbilicata (Sullivant) Wood
- Two fruit morphs in VA: forma intermedia [V. intermedia Dyal] & f. patellaria [V. patellaria (Sull.) Wood.]
- Alluvial fields and bottomland openings, especially along major rivers; moist roadsides, ditches, railroad rights-of-way, low fields, and other moist, open, disturbed areas. Frequent to locally common in the sw. mountains and s. Piedmont; rare elsewhere. Valerianella umbilicata has probably recently spread eastward along river courses.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".