Eleocharis tenuis (Willd.) Schultes var. tenuis
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Eleocharis tenuis (Willd.) Schultes var. tenuis
- Common Name
- Slender Spikerush
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Eleocharis tenuis (Willd.) Schultes
- The map likely contains records for var. pseudoptera (Weath.) Svens. Nevertheless, var. tenuis appears to be the most common and widely distributed var. in Virginia.
- In a range of habitats, including bogs, fens, seeps, depression swamps and ponds, Piedmont hardpan forests, rocky river shores and bars, and riverside prairies; also in wet fields, pastures, clearings, and various other low, disturbed habitats. Locally frequent throughout the mountains and Piedmont; infrequent in the Coastal Plain; may be very numerous and form large colonies where found.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".