Viola palmata L. var. dilatata Elliott
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Viola palmata L. var. dilatata Elliott
- Common Name
- Cleft Violet
- Viola triloba Schw. var. dilatata (Ell.) Brainerd; Viola palmata L., s.l. (in part)
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- ? Viola subsinuata Greene (as synonym = V. triloba Schw. var. dilatata (Ell.) Brainerd)
- Very incompletely mapped at present (VPI specimens only). Var. dilatata is distinguished by consistently having more deeply cut leaves and will be found in the more eastern counties.
- More observations and specimens are needed to properly circumscribe the habitat of this variety.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".