Andreaea rupestris Hedwig
No images available.
- Botanical Name
- Andreaea rupestris Hedwig
- Common Name
- Broad-Leaved Lantern Moss
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Not applicable
- Given that FNA does not map this moss south of Quebec in eastern North America, its occurrence in Virginia seems implausible. However, there are at least 16 herbarium specimens bearing this name, all collected on high-elevation cliffs and outcrops of the Virginia mountains, that need critical evaluation.
- High-elevation cliffs, outcrops, and occasionally logs; near Mountain Lake Biological Station (Giles Co.); Stony Man Mountain (Madison and Page cos.); and summit of Whitetop Mountain (Grayson, Smyth, and Washington cos.) (Biodiversity occurrence data published by CHRB, COLO, ILL, MO, NY, UBC, VSC, WIS. Accessed through Consortium of North American Bryophyte Herbaria (CNABH) Data Portal, http//:bryophyteportal.org/portal/index.php, 2015-02-10).
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".