Conocephalum salebrosum Szweyk., Buczk. & Odrzyk.
- Botanical Name
- Conocephalum salebrosum Szweyk., Buczk. & Odrzyk.
- Common Name
- Conocephalum conicum (L.) Dum.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Not applicable.
- Szweykowski, Buczkowska, and Odrzykosk in Pl. Syst. Evol. (2005) described two cryptic species within the liverwort long known as Conocephalum conicum (L.) Dum. Their detailed morphological and anatomical studies found that C. conicum sensu stricto, is restricted to Europe, while the newly named C. salebrosum Szweyk., Buczk. & Odrzyk. has a wider Holarctic distribution and represents all North American Conocephalum.
- Typically on wet, shaded boulders and outcrops along streams, around waterfalls, and in seepages; occasionally on wet soil or wood. Widely distributed and frequent in the mountains and Piedmont; apparently confined in the Coastal Plain to seeping shell-marl banks and calcareous swamps.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".