Plagiochila porelloides (Torr. ex Nees) Lindenb.
- Botanical Name
- Plagiochila porelloides (Torr. ex Nees) Lindenb.
- Common Name
- Plagiochila asplenioides (L.) Dum., misapplied; Plagiochila asplenioides subsp. porelloides (Torr. ex Nees) R. M. Schust.
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Not applicable
- According to Stotler & Crandall-Stotler (1977 - Checklist of the liverworts and hornworts of North America), the name Plagiochila asplenioides has been misapplied everywhere except in the Pacific Northwest; all other occurrences are referable to P. porelloides.
- Moist to wet rocks and soil, usually along streams. Widely distributed in the mountains and Piedmont, apparently rare in the Coastal Plain.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".