Andropogon virginicus L. var. virginicus
- Botanical Name
- Andropogon virginicus L. var. virginicus
- Common Name
- Broomsedge, Broomstraw, Sedge Grass, Sage Grass
- Andropogon virginicus L. var. virginicus, in part
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Andropogon virginicus var. virginicus
- Most herbarium specimens have not been determined as to variety, but the great majority are certainly var. virginicus. See Comment under A. virginicus var. decipiens.
- Old fields, pastures, roadsides, and clearings, often dominating early-successional vegetation on dry or nutrient-depleted sites; occurs more sparingly in varied natural habitats, especially dry woodlands and barrens, granitic flatrocks, dune scrub and woodlands, maritime forests, Piedmont hardpan forests, interdune swales, and depression ponds. Common throughout.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".