Cicuta maculata L. var. maculata
- Botanical Name
- Cicuta maculata L. var. maculata
- Common Name
- Water-hemlock, Spotted Water-hemlock
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Cicuta maculata L. var maculata
- Most, or perhaps all, of our material is var. maculata. The more southern var. curtisii (Coult. & Rose) Fern. (= C. mexicana Coulter & Rose) has been attributed to the se. Virginia Coastal Plain, but differences between this and var. maculata have been difficult to discern in limited herbarium studies. Var. curtisii is reportedly a more robust plant with differences in leaf size and fruit morphology. However, until a more comprehensive study of Virginia specimens can be made, we consider the status of var. curtisii to be unverified.
- Floodplain forests, swamps (alluvial, seepage, maritime, tidal), freshwater tidal marshes, stream banks, wet meadows, ditches, and disturbed wetlands. Common throughout.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".