Pteridium aquilinum (L.) Kuhn ssp. latiusculum (Desv.) Hulten
- Botanical Name
- Pteridium aquilinum (L.) Kuhn ssp. latiusculum (Desv.) Hulten
- Common Name
- Eastern Bracken Fern
- Pteridium aquilinum (L.) Kuhn var. latiusculum (Desv.) Underw. ex Heller
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Pteridium aquilinum (L.) Kuhn ssp latiusculum (Desv.) Underwood ex Heller
- The current map is incomplete and based primarily on speciments at VPI. State-wide herbarium work will be required to fully map the two ssp. See also map of Pteridium aquilinum sensu lato.
- Dry forests and woodlands (primarily oak/heath and pine-oak/heath), clearings, roadsides, and shrub balds; occasionally in more mesic forests and bogs with a history of fire. Common in acidic soils of the mountains and Piedmont and the Coastal Plain of northeastern Virginia; apparently rare or absent elsewhere.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".